2. I never expected to love this little guy as much as I do. My heart was broken after having to put down my first dog and it took me 3 years to work up the courage to give another little pup a good home. However, he has healed every part of my heart and brings me so much joy.
He was 3 lbs when I brought him home in 2008
He’s grown up to be such a handsome little man.
3. I’m thankful for my health,because even though I struggle with my weight, I am so much stronger that I realize.
4. I’m thankful for the few close friends that have stuck with me over the years (you know who you are). I greatly appreciate the extended family you have become.
5. I’m thankful that I have had the opportunity to purchase my first home last year. It has been a great learning experience for me (especially when all the appliances seem to break in one month), but I do love calling it mine and the many improvement projects that are on my list. I feel very blessed to have had this opportunity so early in life.
6. I’m thankful that I have a 9-5 job that has some security and it pays the bills around here. I know how precious a job is and how many out there aren’t able to find them. I may not be the happiest person at work sometimes, but I do appreciate the fact that I have a good paying position at a secure company.
7. I’m so incredibly thankful that my boss allows me to telecommute and work from home every day.
8. I’m thankful for the Black Friday shopping tradition my mom and I share every year. We have a blast every year.
(Last years loot)
9. I’m thankful that I’ve finally taking my life back. It’s been a really tough few years for me and I honestly didn’t see anything good for a long time. This is the first year in a while where I’m able to look back and see my smile coming back.
10. Finally, the most amazing, purest thanks to everyone one of you that stops by this little blog. I started this blog in July with the primary purpose of documenting the things I did to take back my life and change my destiny, as small as they may be. In July I had 76 people stop by, this month so far almost 12,000 people have stopped by and it warms my heart. I never once thought that anyone would be interested in my home projects, recipes, and workout stories, but it honestly makes me smile bigger (and maybe tear up a little) with every comment, ‘like’, email, tweet…hell, anytime I hear from you it makes me smile. Also with your help, this month we’ve raised almost $120 for Toys for Tots through the Penny Donation Campaign, and the number is going up everyday. Thank you for stopping by, taking the time to read my stories, and your comments are so sweet. Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Regardless of whether you celebrate Thanksgiving with the US today, please take a few moments to share what you are thankful for and pass that gratitude along to someone else. Hug a parent, ask a grandparent about a happy memory from their youth, send a thank you card, mend a broken bridge with an old friend, start a gratitude journal, or just take a few moments to make someone else smile today. I wish you all the best during this holiday and my sincerest thanks to every single one of you.