Time for another round of monthly beauty/skincare favorites!
I’m curious…I’ve been thinking about setting up a separate blog just for beauty/skincare/fashion. I have a lot of ideas for beauty/skincare posts, but I think it might be a good idea to keep the content separate from this blog. This blog would stay as a lifestyle blog along with home/DIY projects & other inspirations. Then the other blog would have everything else. I understand that many who read this blog may not be interested in the beauty/skincare/fashion posts. Let me know if you’d like them separate of if you prefer I just integrate them into this blog.
1. Illamasque Cream Pigment in Hollow: This is the perfect contour color for my fair skin, and the cream pigment is incredibly easy to blend.
2. Kiss Trio Lashes: Unless I’m attending a party or event, I usually stick to individual lashes. Kiss is brilliant and have created little sets of 3 individual lash bunches. This makes application super fast since you only need one or two and your good to go. If you’re new to wearing lashes, these are a great start. Every time I wear these lashes I get lots of compliments and I find random strangers just staring at my eyes (which can be a bit creepy, but I try to take it as a compliment). I believe they’re only available at CVS and Walgreens.
3. ELF Clear Mascara and Brow Gel: I always use clear mascara to tame my brows, but I hate to pay a lot for it. ELF make a great little one for only $1! I also like that it has two sides (same gel in both sides) so when one side gets really dirty, just switch to the other. You can buys these on their website, but I usually grab them from Target.
4. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I used the color Vanilla and find that this is my favorite concealer right now. It’s creamy, but doesn’t crease on me. In a pinch, I can use this instead of foundation on a hot summer day when I want to wear minimal makeup.
1. Boots Botanics Super Balm: I often get little dry patches on my eyelids which I always thought was strange. How could my whole face be fine, but that little tiny bit of eyelid is dry. Turns out it’s stress eczema! Makes total sense since it tends to turn up when I’m stressed to the max. I picked up this balm at Target and spread a very little bit on my eyelids during a flair up. Amazingly it heals up overnight. I can also use this on any other dry patches that turn up, something I suspect will be really helpful during the dry winter months.
2. Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm: You may be noticing a trend here, I’m really enjoying the Boots Botanic line lately. In fact, this product ranks as a top favorite this month. At night I take very gentle care to remove my eye makeup, then use this balm to remove the rest of my makeup (I’ve never had a problem with it stinging my eyes). It does come with a cloth, but I just use a simple white washcloth in warm water to remove the balm after massaging it into dry skin. For anyone that has trouble finding Emma Hardie (US gals I’m looking at you!) this is a good alternative for under $10!
3. Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner: After I use the above balm, I do a second wash with my standard Cetaphil, then follow with this product morning and night. It seems to be going really fast (probably since I use it twice a day), but I’m really enjoying the effect. I’m not acne prone, but I do get bouts of cystic acne and this has worked well at keeping all acne at bay. I may try a different brand next (because I like trying new things), but I would definitely repurchase this product. Bonus – I love the KS packaging and this pump is genius.
1. Boots Extracts Mango Body Butter: Truth be told, I don’t like The Body Shop Body Butters (GASP!!). They’re just too thick for me, and I find them very hard to spread on the skin. I do still love the Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter, but it only comes in the one scent. Boots has a range of body butters that is similar to the Trader Joe’s formula. I have been really loving the Mango, but I also have the coconut scent…because when it comes to Coconut, I just can’t help myself.
2. Drybar Shower Cap: I LOVE shower caps since I don’t like to wash my hair everyday. My hair can get very dry and washing it everyday tends to bring on more frizz. Caps have such a vintage and beauty bombshell vibe to them which feels fun. The Drybar shower cap is my newest and such a great quality. I love this one because it’s not just the standard plastic, the inside is lined in terry towel. Any water that seeps in is immediately soaked into the towel and I find that my hair stays nearly completely dry when I use this as opposed to the flimsy plastic ones.
3. Pantene Overnight Miracle: Since my hair is so dry, especially at the ends, I’m always on the lookout for treatments. This treatment feels like a light leave in conditioner that you put on the ends of you hair, then you go to bed. It’s not greasy so I haven’t had any trouble with it transferring to my pillow. You’re not suppose to rinse it out in the morning, just style and go. I’ve really like it this past month as it does seem to keep the ends of my hair in check, and it’s not greasy or heavy.
1. Mavala Nailactin: This is a cuticle night treatment that has been working great for me. I do like the Mavala Cuticle Cream (I think I’ve shared that in a past favorites), but it’s a bit sticky. This Nailactin is not sticky at all, and it’s meant to be rubbing into the nail bed to heal brittle and damaged nails. I will warn you, I find the fragrance quite strong. It seems very ‘perfume-y’ to me, so you might want to try and give it a sniff before picking this up to make sure you like it. I find that as long as I don’t sleep with my hands right next to my face, it’s no problem.
2. Sephora by OPI Exfoliating Cuticle Cream: I use this product 2-3x per week and it does a great job of gently exfoliating the cuticles. In fact, I like this product so much that I just picked up a few more to tuck away since they are on clearance at Sephora. So if you want to check it out, now’s the time since it’s nearly 50% off.
3. Out The Door Topcoat: This has been my recent replacement for Seche Vite. It doesn’t have that terrible smell that Seche has, nor does it have some of the same unhealthy ingredients. It also doesn’t seem to peel off my nails like Seche can sometimes do, not does it get as gloopy as you use up the bottle. However, it still dries incredibly fast so I can do my nails and walk away within minutes.
4. Orly SmartGels Polish in Rage: I picked up both of this months colors on HauteLook when they were on super sale. I love this polish in the non-gel formula and the gel formula is just as great.
5. Orly SmartGels Polish in Passion Fruit: I was a little caught off guard by this color initially since it looks more red in the swatch, but it’s really a bright Coral Pink. It’s quickly become one of my favorite colors this past month. I have both of these on my Instagram account if you want to see swatches.
What were you beauty favorites last month? Have you tried any of these items, if so, what did you think?
*I was not provided or compensated for any of these products. All favorites were purchased with my own money, and as always, the opinion reflected in the post is completely my own. Some links contained may be affiliate.